管理员

积分

荣誉管理论坛元老

发表于 2015-8-8 12:50:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
CATTI二级口译精讲第22讲讲义主要内容:

名师授课语音,点此收听

讲义内容

篇章练习

Your Excellency Mr. President of Mexico,YourExcellency Mr. Mayor of Mexico City,Dear Colleaguesand Friends, Ladies and Gentlemen,On behalf of the IOC, I wish to warmly thank ourMexican friends for their excellent hospitality. //

The Olympic Movement owes a debt of gratitude toMexico. Their athletes have won 10 gold medals, and15 silver and 23 bronze medals at the Olympic Games. Mexico staged marvelous OlympicGames in 1968, and the memories of these and the football World Cups in 1970 and 1986 willremain with us for ever. Few countries can boast such a contribution to world sport. //

It is likewise a pleasure for me to greet Mexico’s great sports leaders here. I wish to thank all ofyou for your great contributions to the Olympic Movement. //

My colleagues, Ladies and Gentlemen,

The 114th IOC Session will be a particularly important one. It will enable us to take theimportant measures needed to ensure the future development of the IOC and the OlympicMovement. //

Studying the various audits on the IOC administration will allow us to become more efficient.Pursuing the reforms initiated in 1999 will make our institution even more transparent,modern and democratic1. Assessing how to reduce the size and cost of the Games is necessaryfor these to be staged under optimum conditions in the future2.

Examining the Olympic program, which the IOC needs to do at regular intervals, will enable usto maintain interest in the Olympic Games worldwide. //

I am counting on numerous interventions from you, dear colleagues, to enrich thesedebates3. Sport is a great social movement and cannot remain isolated from the problems ofsociety. Thirty years ago, the Games were hit by the massacre in Munich. Six years ago, abomb attack marred the Games in Atlanta. The IOC wishes to pay a renewed tribute to thoseinnocent victims. //

The events in Munich, those of 11 September and the reemergence of international terrorismmake security the number one priority for any sports organization4. Let us rejoice in theknowledge that, while terrorism seeks to bring peoples, cultures and religions into conflict, andthe risk of armed conflict in the world remains acute, sport showed in Salt Lake City, and willdo so again in the future, that it is a factor of universality and brotherhood. While we cannotescape the turmoil of society, we can give the world the values that inspire us. //

The serious economic crisis that we are currently experiencing is also affecting sport and itsfunding. The IOC has been spared this, thanks to the visionary policy of President JuanAntonio Samaranch and his Executive Board colleagues, which enabled long-term contracts tobe signed5. //

The IOC is nonetheless very concerned about the difficulties that many sports organizations,International Federations and National Olympic Committees are currently facing in finding thefunds they need for their development. The IOC has a duty to help its partners. In the mid tolong term, the policy of cost-cutting and reducing the size of the Olympic Games should allowus to free up more revenue for the Olympic family. //

体育赛事常用词汇 回复可见
游客,如果想要查看本帖资源下载地址或者密码,请回复

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

阿卡索英语试课大礼包

领取一节外教课|手机版|阿卡索官方社区

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 20:08 , Processed in 0.419519 second(s), 27 queries .